Renewal is now open!
Renewal opens on September 1 of each year, and closes on October 31 of each year (11:59 pm). Each year, Council sets renewal deadlines for registrants, to renew with and without additional fees.
The Council-set deadline for the upcoming 2023/24 renewal year is October 3, 2023 for renewal without penalty.
Registrants, you will find your online renewal application form under the Renewal Tab of your Registrant Portal.
Below are checklists to assist registrants with this year's renewal:
CDHNS Practising to Practising Checklist -2023-2024
CDHNS Non-Practising to Practising Checklist-2023-2024
(by Council-set Deadline)
Sep 1, 2023 to Oct 3, 2023
Practising Licence Fee: $550.00
Non-Practising Class Fee: $120.00
A complete application, including payment of fees, and any required documents, e.g., CPR at the level required by Council, must be received by the Council-set deadline of Oct 3, 2023 (11:59 pm).
(after Council-set Deadline)
Oct 4, 2023 to Oct 31, 2023
Practising Licence Fee: $650.00
Non-Practising Class Fee: $140.00
For registrants who submit a complete renewal application between Oct 4 and 31, 2023, they will be required to pay additional fees. A complete renewal application means that all fees and any other requirements, e.g., CPR at the level required by Council, are received by October 31, 2023 (11:59 pm).
The fees noted above reflect the following additional fees:
- Practising licence: Additional $100 payment.
- Non-practising licence category: Additional $20 payment.
(after Oct 31, 2023)
Practising registrants who do not renew by October 31, 2023, without providing the College with notice of their intention, will have their licences suspended. If these individuals want their practising licence renewed, after Oct 31, 2023, they will be required to pay reinstatement fees in addition to the $100 payment. They will also be required to provide proof they have met all other licensing requirements. If repeated and flagrant violations of these deadlines and the renewal process occur, a complaint may be referred to the Investigation Committee.
Other Applicants (not current Registrants with the CDHNS)
- Applicants applying for the first time must complete the Application for Registration form online. Go to the Registration Information page for more information.
- Applicants who have been previously registered with the CDHNS, must complete the Application for Reinstatement. If you still have access to the CDHNS Registrant Portal, you will find the Application for Reinstatement on the right side of the Main Page.
- If you do not have access to the Registrant Portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information: You are reinstating and wish to request access to the CDHNS Registrant Portal.