The College of Dental Hygienists of Nova Scotia exists so that, in the best interest of the public, the practice of dental hygiene is effectively regulated and the integrity of the profession is supported through the cost-effective stewardship of resources.
The College of Dental Hygienists of Nova Scotia, operating in the best interest of the public, is a self-sustaining regulatory authority whose registrants are recognized by the public as essential health care providers. The College supports an environment of interprofessional collaboration, professional advancement and equitable access to health care for all Nova Scotians.
- Accountability to the public
- Excellence in care
- Ethical decision-making
- Professional integrity
- Accountability and support to members
- Equitable access to health care
- Sound resource management
- Interprofessional and interagency collaboration
- Interprovincial and national collaboration